View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 06:05 PM  
WinterWhiteIceQueen
Newborn Pup

Default Re: A controversial hamster item

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
This sounds very similar to a recent poll, asking our opinion about an item for taking hamsters outside, but it could be unrelated.

Hamsters are solitary creatures and my hamsters have never indicated a need to be with me so I wouldn't carry them around in a pouch. I prefer they sleep in the burrows they have made for themselves.
I think maybe you don’t understand the useable of the pouch. It’s not suppose to substitute a nest,cage or anything really.
With all do respect it really bothers me when you hear someone say something like this. Maybe I’m just super fortunate but I haven’t had a dwarf that didn’t bond with me and considering it cannot be proven what they think of humans, it makes the hamster sound almost like breathing decoration and this line of thinking is what feeds into the “well hamsters are throw away starter pet stereotype.
In my experience my hamsters always came to me when I opened their cage. I’ve had dwarfs that have slept on my guest pillow when I was battling oral cancer, stage 3. They all had personalities and not one has ever been the same as one I already owned previously.
No judgement, I just don’t think people give them nearly enough credit.
WinterWhiteIceQueen is offline   Reply With Quote