View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 01:33 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Henry and Gordon

Gordon is under a year old and i've continued with the food he was fed in the pet shop, the pets@home muesli.

He gets tiny amounts of fresh veg, had a little boiled egg and has insect mix scattered in his cage, seed sprays from rodipet in his cage and gets sunflower/pumkin seeds stuck in a wicker ball plus a few linseeds. He had a tiny piece of cheese last night.

He eats or hoards a little of the muesli from his toad stool but seems to prefer to sit in his sand pit eating the small seeds from the sprays/linseeds and cracking open/eating the seeds from the ball.

I can't find any dwarf hamster food mix in the shops only pellets and pellets are unnatural in my opinion. I wouldn't want to eat my dinner compressed into a solid mass.

Question is, should i order the Rodipet dwarf mix and slowly exchange it for the p@h muesli?

Rodipet does junior and senior dwarf but i don't know Gordon's exact age which is estimated at 7/8 months by the pet shop.

Which one would i need to order?

Or should i keep him on the muesli he's used to because he's been doing alright on it so far and keep supplementing as i do now?

Advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote