View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 05:20 PM  
saraf
Newborn Pup

Default Excessive itchig?

My Robo male Meeko (1.5 years old) has been acting a bit odd the past two days.
I cleaned his cage on Wednesday (Aug 21) and he was completely fine but I’ve noticed he seems to be excessively scratching his underside on his wooden platform. It’s not unusual for him to bathe himself in sand that he’s thrown out of his bath onto the platform, but in this case he seems to be trying to scratch his underside like it’s irritating him.
I’ve had a look at him twice now (on Friday and Saturday evenings) and his skin doesn’t look red or dry, and I have no history of him having mites.
I only thing I can think of (besides mites - which atm I don’t believe he has) is that he’s had a reaction to something? I’ve recently bought this mix https://www.viovet.co.uk/Boredom-Bre...nimals/c15828/ to offer him & my other Robo (lives separately, cage was cleaned the same day with bedding from the same bag, showing no worrying signs)) maybe he’s reacting to that? I’ve removed it all from his cage as a precaution but it’s too early to tell yet.

Has anyone had experience with this? I obviously have no problem bringing him to the vet but I don’t want to be putting him under so much stress if it’s something else.

Last edited by saraf; 08-24-2019 at 06:23 PM.
saraf is offline   Reply With Quote