View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 04:59 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Henry and Gordon

Thank you for your reply and the link Serendipity. It is very helpful.
Now that i think of it, Gordon had two changes to his tank. I put the second bridge in and the day before my OH put the waterbottle stand in he had made.
I'll leave him to adjust like you advised and once he gets more active again i'll try and introduce my hand with a seed, see what happens.
If i can't tame him because he's too nervous that's fine too. I just want him to be happy.
Not sure how old he is either. The shop girl guessed around seven months but definitely under a year.
At some point in the future i'll have to take him out for a health check and to clean his tank by which time he should be familiar with me and hopefully no longer scared.

Tank: i bought two Ferplast guinea pig houses and put one on the bottom of each end of the tank minus the front panel then filled them up with substrate. One has a bendy bridge leading into it underground which also acts as solid surface to stand on when drinking from the bottle. The houses support the glass sand pit and wheel and the ceramic toadstool. There's also a very small jar for drinking water near the pebbles. I have noticed that tiny hamsters like to sit in the food bowl so have put some of his food in the toad stool and i also scutter feed to keep him busy.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote