View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 11:28 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Ideas for platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Minutes View Post
Mine's simple (in case you or anyone ever wanted a simple one). I got a wooden table and placed a wooden tray on top of it, so that I can fill the tray with bedding, etc.

How does she access it?

1. Climbing other tall structures (double layer hamster house) placed next to it.

2. I have placed a hideout directly on the tray that has a slide leading up to it (photo for illustration of the hideout with the slide only, that's not my cage and not my wheel. and thankfully my hideout is in varying shades of brown). She can climb up via the slide, and she can use the slide to get down as well.

3. The platform is next to the gird of her bin cage, and she sometimes uses the grid directly.

I bury the legs of the table deep into the bedding so that the table surface is not that far from the ground and safe for jumping. She likes jumping off it directly anyway, so I ensure hard objects like her pebble is directly under the table (to make sure there is no way she can jump onto it). It's easy to clean because I just lift the tray up for cleaning when she's not on the platform. She usually doesn't even notice it's gone.

Mine's a Robo so she won't be able to push the tray off the table, and it's weighed down with a lot of enrichment items too. I suppose if anyone wanted to try this with hamsters like Ragna, you will need to place heavy objects on the tray to prevent it from shifting, or somehow secure the tray further.
Please send the picture again. I really want to see your idea but when I open it, it freezes. Sounds like a fab idea! Thanks so much for investing in what I am doing for Ragna
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote