View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 01:14 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Ideas for platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Getzoo sell brilliant platforms. I bought one for a tank. They do different sizes and different heights. I got the taller 21cm tall one - so you could have a good depth of bedding under the platform and still have space under it. I didn't find ladders worked well with them, so used a large cork log from Rodipet partly under it which made a ramp up and a tunnel under the platform as well They even do one large corner one that fits on virtually two full sides of a cage. You'll notice each platform listed more than once - because one is 14cm high and the other is 21cm high (14cm isn't really high enough to sit over substrate).

https://www.getzoo.de/einrichtung-zubehoer/etagen

However, they are just pieces of wood with legs - so probably easy to make! The legs on these slot into place which makes it easier.

Sorry - I cant remember if you're in the Uk or not! If the Getzoo ones aren't available to you, they might give you some ideas for making one - eg shapes, corner platforms, heights etc.
This is awesome! Thank you so so much for this! Im going to take Ria's idea of attaching it to the frame and use these ideas to create different types. My hubby will help me make our own. Thanks again for these ideas!
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote