View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 04:02 AM  
Lau
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New cage plans - advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzie View Post
Snap! My new cage for Ragna is 165cmx50cmx50cm.

Serendipity is right...the open spaces need to be filled with all sorts of climbing things and hideouts to make him feel ok with wondering out.

I might suggest wearing gloves when you work with the mesh. Also, this is probably common knowledge to you but it took me a couple of cable ties to cotton on...make sure the head of the cable tie faces out so your little one doesn’t form a hobby of eating them off...lol!

Please take pics as you go...I adore all things cages, layout and decor! I will post pictures tomorrow on Ragna’s cage setup of the first stages.

I was deeply disappointed when I saw that the knuff magazine rack from ikea isn’t stocked in the city I am...very irritating. Those kind of things would work well with large cages. You cut off the one side and lay it that way down to create a nifty platform. Will have to figure something else out.
I'll start meshing today or tomorrow! My dog is home so I can't take many photos while building as she loves getting in the middle of everything. The moment everything is set up (cage wise), I'll take pictures of how I go setting up the decoration, as that is way safer for the doggie.

Is it possible to use a metal magazine holder, knuff like but metal, or is it better to use just wood? I'm a bit scared of sharp edges near pets
Lau is offline   Reply With Quote