View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 03:34 AM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Henry and Gordon

I just bought the "best" food mix I could find in my country (sadly, none of the recommended ones are available, so I had to find the "best" I could make do with, which isn't really that good), and some hamster pellets. I supplement it with mealworms to make up the protein deficit.

She likes a little bit of broccoli. Doesn't touch her carrots, and absolutely hates cheese (runs away fearfully from the smell of it). Might be an individual thing.

She loves her tissue for nesting. Yes, they can leap, and I've read that they can jump as high as 2 feet. Never seen mine jump that high (hopefully not, I imagine they must be freaked/ stressed to jump that high for no reason), but just putting it out there in case people are thinking of leaving their Robos unattended with the cage lid off. You never know, something might come along and startle them into jumping, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Mine loves jumping into her wheel. She slides down her slide gleefully towards it, and waits till she has reached the very end of her slide, then leaps across the short distance from the slide tip directly into her wheel, and starts running happily for a minute or so. She then repeats the action again by climbing back up her slide, prepared for another go on the wheel. It's really amusing to watch.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote