View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 05:43 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Henry and Gordon

Last Friday i adopted a little Robo called Gordon who is around 7 months old. He was for sale in a p@h but because no one bought him he was put up for adoption in March so has been in a pet shop nearly all his live.
He settled in his tank instantly, loves his wheel and sand, runs around, eats, drinks, burrows, grooms, moved into his house and seems to enjoy hamster life.

I could only find a small wheel in the shops but because he's so tiny and runs fast with a straight back in the 6.5in wheel, I'm inclined now not to change it.

Henry is a Syrian and i know nothing about Robos.

I talk to Gordon and watch him close up which doesn't seem to bother him. Just now i put my hand in slowly to offer him a seed and he run off.

I'm happy to just watch him but wonder if i should try and tame him or not? Should i try and handle him or leave him to do his own thing?
What i don't want to do is upset or scare him.

Henry free roams sometimes but i can't imagine Gordon running around safely outside his tank because he is so fast and tiny.

Are Robos sociable hamsters who seek human company or do they prefer to do their own thing?
Do they need out of cage time?

What do other people who have Robos do or don't do?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote