View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 03:14 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: how to stop plastic cage chewing

I saw the photos of your cage on another thread. I noticed there is quite a bit of open space, especially on the side where the wheel is. I know you are working on getting a new box for a hide, but maybe if you could fill that space up with some other boxes/tunnels/bendy bridge type things etc. I think I'm right in saying that you are only young and don't have a lot of money (forgive me if i remembered that incorrectly) so could you look around your house and see if there are any packaging materials that you could reuse to help give your hamster a few more places to run through/hide in. My thinking behind suggesting that is if had more things like that then he may get a bit more distracted from chewing the top of his cage. It's great that you scatter feed. Could you try putting some food in old toilet tubes etc (you mentioned these- but not sure how you are using them). Victoria Raechel just did a new video on this on you tube if you have not seen it already. So, to sum up what I am trying to say if you could focus on filling his cage up a bit more he may be more inclined to not chew the top of his cage. He is very cute btw.