Thread: I am worried
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 07:03 PM  
emma_teddy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I am worried

that cage is a bit small. the minimum is 450 sq. in. does he have lots of things to do? chew toys and such? scatter feeding can also keep them busy.

you aren't too far below the recommended minimum, so for a little bit, as long as you keep the cage busy, you should be fine. my male syrian lived in a 20L tank for a month before i was able to upgrade him (long story, it was a gift, my mom didn't believe he needed a bigger cage even though i insisted, then i bought and made a bin cage).

the next time you are able, go to a store such as (depending what country you are in) Canadian Tire, Target or Big Lots to find a good sized bin. My syrian is now living in a 665 sq. in 104-L bin cage that i bought from Canadian Tire. The same/similar bin is available at both target and big lots i believe.

do not stress, phil will be fine for now! watch for signs of stress. as long as you give him plenty of bedding (5+ inches i believe), toys, hides and chews he will be okay until you have the chance to upgrade!

~emma
emma_teddy is offline   Reply With Quote