View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 05:21 PM  
Maryhammy
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Bar biting and clicking noises

Hello, I have only had my new 4 month old female Syrian for about 4 days but ever since she has come home she has spent the majority of her waking hours biting her bars and monkey barring. I have done lots of research and it says it is a sign of stress but she is in a suitably big size cage, deep bedding, hide outs, chews of different sorts and toys ! In between biting the bars she also makes a weird noise that sounds a bit like clicking? Is this bad? Apart from this she is a wonderful hamster and lets me stroke her back whenever I like. She is not aggressive and is curious, and doesn’t seem atall scared. The pet shop said she chewed through a plastic cage... after I bought her! II haven’t tried picking her up yet as she is new, and she seems very fast and active. I am worried she will harm herself with all this bar biting. Any tips ?? I am considering getting a glass aquarium as I cannot sleep with the bar biting but also don’t want to stress her out with another house move (and expensive) please help!!
Maryhammy is offline   Reply With Quote