View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 08:55 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: New cage plans - advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lau View Post
Hi! Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'm in the middle of a trip and a bit offline.
Ragna's cage looks awesome!! The meshing is just what i wanted to do to Tomate's cage. In the end, I've bought a 160 x 60 cm cage, I''ll mesh it over the next week, once I get the mesh shiped home
In the end I decided to get a CSE wheel. It was about 60 euros with the shipping but if it lasts years I feel it's a good inversion.
I bought reptile sand just because I have limited space in my room, so I couldn't fit a too large bag, in addition to the bedding, food, herbs...
I got quite a variety of herbs, I hope he likes them. Do I have to introduce them slowly to avoid diarrhea or that's only with fresh veggies?
I managed to find freeze dried chicken with no additives at a great price!! I'm super happy
I aldo got some hides, although I'll be DIYing some more toys and slowly buying more stuff for his cage
Is there anything I might be forgetting?
Snap! My new cage for Ragna is 165cmx50cmx50cm.

Serendipity is right...the open spaces need to be filled with all sorts of climbing things and hideouts to make him feel ok with wondering out.

I might suggest wearing gloves when you work with the mesh. Also, this is probably common knowledge to you but it took me a couple of cable ties to cotton on...make sure the head of the cable tie faces out so your little one doesn’t form a hobby of eating them off...lol!

Please take pics as you go...I adore all things cages, layout and decor! I will post pictures tomorrow on Ragna’s cage setup of the first stages.

I was deeply disappointed when I saw that the knuff magazine rack from ikea isn’t stocked in the city I am...very irritating. Those kind of things would work well with large cages. You cut off the one side and lay it that way down to create a nifty platform. Will have to figure something else out.
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote