View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 07:21 PM  
emma_teddy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: teddy's thread!!

realized i never updated this thread. so:
- teddy has certainly adjusted to his larger cage and has stopped his stress behaviours like scrabbling at the sides and such
- i recently just bought one of those small packages of kaytee clean and cozy because i’ve started not liking the carefresh because 1) it’s way more expensive and 2) it’s so solid and packs down really fast and just not great for burrowing. i really like the kaytee so far, it expanded WAY more than i thought was possible from such a tiny package. his cage is now about 60:40 carefresh and kaytee. i’m definitely going to continue purchasing the kaytee from now on.
- i recently purchased the wooden ikea knuff magazine holder and removed the bottom and made a hide/shelf. the thing is i have nothing to coat it with (i’m not concerned with him peeing on it bc he’s very good about peeing in one place) but he’s attempted chewing some of the edges (i sanded as much as i could) and i’m worries it will splinter so i took it out for tonight until i can find some info about that
- he’s still a little brat and will not chew on any wooden chews or his chewnel only on the one wicker mushroom chew from petsmart and his whimzees but of course he decided to chew on the knuff
- he still doesn’t like being held but i’ve come to accept that he’s more of a “look don’t touch” hamster and that’s okay

~emma
emma_teddy is offline   Reply With Quote