View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 11:10 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Looking for ideas

So, after a lot of measuring, contemplation, looking into option and with all the help and input from you good people, thank you, very much appreciated, I have now decided to go for the only tank that fits into the disused fireplace, a 30x15x12 tank. Not ideal, I know.
My reckoning was that a Robo who has lived at P@H since March and who knows where or how he lived before he was abondend would probably like my tank and all the attention and care I want to give him. Small or not, it's got to be a better place to live out whatever he has left of his short live.
I had an interesting conversation with a P@H employee today when I learned that a lot of the hamsters available for adoption had simply been left in a box at their back door!
The main reason hamsters are made homeless is because they bite which of course is mainly down to ignorance of the owners leading to ill treatment of the hamsters.
The lady's daughter adopted a "biter", first of all she put him in a bigger cage and then spent a lot of time slowly gaining his trust. It took a while but now he is a delightful and happy hamster.
Amazon just delivered the long, bendy bridge which I may add yet and possibly a pear tree twig from the garden.
Got to wait until tomorrow when my OH will make the lid for the tank. I'm going with my heart Luna and will get Gordon if he's still there tomorrow after work.
Here are some pics. I want a bigger wheel but could only find the medium silent spinner today after trying five pet shops. The glass sand bath/wheel is supported by a tunnel underneath and the toadstool/food station sits on top of a Ferplast guinea pig house minus the front panel to act as a cellar. Thin layer of wood chips to give the cellar a grip and the rest is Kaytee C&C Camo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190815_183434.jpg (2.46 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20190815_182939.jpg (2.68 MB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20190815_182854.jpg (2.68 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20190815_182834.jpg (2.75 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20190815_182819.jpg (2.59 MB, 10 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote