Thread: New Home
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 07:20 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: New Home

I love what you have done...also love the floral. If you can...go and look on this forum for threads about bedding or substrate. Hamsters love to burrow and you could add more bedding to allow that.

It makes me so happy to see people being so open minded and willing to learn. So awesome!

10 minutes is right about the ventilation but just double check on this forum...if you put ventilation along the bottom or the middle side of the bin you will then be limited to adding more bedding. Bedding is so so so important and the best way to enrich and entertain a hamster...besides all the other things. If you want to add more ventilation cut above the level of depth for the hamster you have. I own a Syrian so am not sure for other hamsters.

10minutes mentioned platforms...awesome idea...you can use the platforms on top of the raised bedding level...or do what has been mentioned.

10minutes has really enriched this thread with well thought out ideas on how to make this awesome habitat even more awesome. Really like it! Well done!
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote