View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 02:59 PM  
babyneville
Newborn Pup

Default big cage and plenty of enrichment, but still showing signs of stress??!

Hi I am a new hamster owner, I really need some advice on my hamsters recent behaviour. Ive had him for around a month now and noticed pretty quickly that his cage was big but not big enough for neville, since he is a large boy. However he was happy and was not bar biting or climbing the bars and to me he seemed rather happy in that cage but i decided to get him a larger cage and ever since being in the new cage he has been acting stressed and appears to be anxious.
i am so worried that i have done something wrong, he has a 28cm wheel, lots of hideouts, toys and a sand bath. at first i thought that neville just wanted to run around more and explore, so i got him a playpen and put loads of fun thngs in there for him to do, and he hated it !!! he was despretly trying to get out and was terrified of me trying to get him out. he is used to being held by me since the biting has stopped and i have never been rough with him.
i done hours if not days of research before getting my new pet since i wanted to give him the best possible lfe, however im so worried that i am making it worse, which i obviouly do not want to do since i love him so much. if anyone has any tips and/or advice it was be so much help to me nd my baby hammy
babyneville is offline   Reply With Quote