View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 03:12 PM  
Boggot
Newborn Pup

Default Missing & Growing Teeth

Hi All,

I am not normally one to make a post but i'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with our Hamster.

About three weeks ago we noticed an overgrown bottom tooth that was growing at an angle to the side. So we took her to the vets to have it trimmed.

Three days ago (10 days after our first visit to the vets) we checked again to see this:

We had assumed that the vets had missed one tooth but after a second visit we were told by the vet that it was the same tooth that had grown this long again. So again we had it trimmed but we are at a bit of a loss as to what to do.

The vet said we can try and file it down with a metal file ourselves or trim it. Or we can have her put under anaesthetic and have it taken out which i am very reluctant to do.

Just checked her again and it is already getting long once more. She is fairly tame but i cant see her wanting her teeth filed or cut often. We try to give her plenty to chew on. We have an apple tree which we cut twigs from but she really doesn't seem interested in chewing.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Boggot is offline   Reply With Quote