View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 09:46 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Im confused and scared ive done something wrong.

Your hamster is as confused and scared as you are and not only that, don't forget she's only a baby.

I can only add to what has already been said.

Give Skelly time to settle into her new home.
Observe her from a small distance and talk to her gently but leave it at that for now. She'll get to know your voice and will know that you are the one who gives her food and water every day.
Hamsters bite when they are scared which doesn't mean that they are aggressive by nature.
It can take a long time for a hamster to trust a human and she didn't have the best of introductions to her new home by getting handled rightaway then put into a ball.
That is not meant to be a critisism but try to see things from your hamster's point of you and you will understand.

I belong to the group of people who never have and never will use a hamster ball but i'm not trying to tell you what to do because i only know what's right for me and my hamster.

Try and relax because you are new to hamsters so don't expect too much too soon of yourself and your hamster. Everybody gets some things wrong at first. We all did and as for me, i still do. You do need patience, lots of it, to keep a hamster and to enjoy each others company.

This forum is great for learning and sharing. You will see.
Stick with us and keep us up to date.

Welcome! You are in the right place.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote