View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 05:36 AM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Im confused and scared ive done something wrong.

1. In my opinion, it is a bit too soon to want to handle her if you've only had her for two days. Let her calm down for two weeks and don't try to pick her up. Leave her alone, but remember to change her water bottle and add fresh food during the two weeks.

2. Please do not put her in the ball until you have at least allowed her to settle down for two weeks. There are some people who say ball use is good, and some people that would argue against it. I'm far from an expert and I won't tell you whether it's good or bad, but I really feel that even if you want her to play in her ball, it must be after she has calmed down.

3. Please tell us what breed is your hamster.

4. Please show us a photo of the tubes you mentioned. Is there enough ventilation? Are they too small?

5. Please let us know the floor area size of your cage. If possible, share a photo.

I'm not sure if yours was actually showing excitement at finding the tissue, but she sounds aggressive in general. That's a sign of a stressed hamster which can possibly lead to complications and even death (if too stressed, it may easily become ill and die).

Please do not play with her or put her in a ball anymore until she has settled down. Do not clean her bedding out. Just give her daily water changes and add food.

P/S: You are not a pathetic failure. I just feel you haven't given her a chance to get used to her environment. Just resist the urge to play with her and in the meantime, read up more on hamster care. There is a lot of information on these forums, and the fact you bothered to ask means you are already on your way to becoming a good owner because you do care about her.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote