Thread: Mistress Poppy
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 09:17 PM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: Mistress Poppy

Hello Folks,
A quick Poppy update, not posted for a while as been rather busy etc.
So to start, got home this morning from work, and decided to clean out Poppy's nest/bed area which was fine a few days ago, but now was a horrid smelly mess as she has decided in her laziness not to use her toilet but rather use one end of her house as a loo....

So I have a displeased hamster just now. While I had her out I weighed the little stink beast, and she is a rather tidy 224g..! She has such character I would love to put her with an equally crazy Male Hammy and see what pups she would produce, but that is a flight of fancy.

On a different note, I have had to buy a Hamster Ball for Poppy as I can no longer let her have free roaming sessions due to her destructive behaviour, she attacks the carpet, the legs of the sofa, shoes and to make things even worse now has a go at electrical cables... She also makes her self very difficult to retrieve too.

I tried with a play pen and that took 30 seconds to escape from by way of climbing out, the second attempt of penning the creature in resulted in her lifting the pen up and getting out underneath, so household wanderings are now in a ball, she actually seems to like it as she can have more of a run of the down stairs than just one room. I have used Hamster exercise balls before with our other hams to no detriment to them, she after about a half hour worked out how to steer it around to avoid obstacles... She is a really clever, mischievous little Hamster being, who makes me curse and laugh in equal measure.
I must post some links to the short videos of her having her Lawn experiences.
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote