Thread: Neil's thread
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 10:32 AM  
detri
Newborn Pup

Talking Neil's thread

I got Neil a little over two weeks ago and I'm still absolutely in love. He loves to climb all over me and has been getting easier and easier to handle. I started bathtub bonding recently and he prefers to climb on me rather than explore the tub.

Neil has taught me lots of lessons... the most important lesson is, don't trust pet stores. At least the chain stores in the US have no idea what's best for hamsters! None of the cages they sell are big enough and any advice they've given me is contradictory to what I read here.

Luckily for me, he is a very friendly hamster when he's not being kept in a tiny pet store cage. I upgraded him after our first week together and he's already settled in nicely to his new cage. Sorry for stressing you out with two habitat changes so soon, little buddy!

He was a biter at first, but I think he was just very stressed - he's somewhat calm (but loves to run around) and very curious now! He's got a saucer and a wheel (Silent Runner) but prefers the saucer.

I'm not sure how old he is or if he'll get any bigger, but he's a tiny little guy! I have small hands and he's not even as big as my hand.

Well, that's all I've got to say for now. Hopefully I can snap some more good pictures of the lil guy and share his antics with you all in this thread
detri is offline   Reply With Quote