View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 09:06 AM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: My new Robo - whats going on?Is this normal? Help for new owner please

Perhaps you can find a way to seal up the 1 cm gap at the top if you are worried about it, and also do secure the cage at all times.

My Robo hasn't been keen on climbing the bars of her cage for two weeks, but she has recently started climbing the very bottom rows of the bars, mainly as a convenient way for her to shimmy from her toys on the left to her toys on the right. She usually ends up on top of her wheel, balances herself precariously there with one foot hanging from the bar and falls asleep like that.

So never say never, Kora just might learn to start climbing bars after she has settled in. Mine doesn't seem interested in climbing up yet (and I hope she never does, because I prefer to convince myself that she loves her home so much that she never wants to leave, lol) but she does like climbing sideways now.

I'm sure you must have felt so bad when she fell, and I'm glad she's fine. There's no reason to beat yourself up anymore about it, it happens. Just be thankful she is well and be really careful to try and avoid any more falls!

My Robo has her moods too, we've just gotta take it slowly and hope that one day they will open up their little hearts to us. Just don't get frustrated if she doesn't, I've read about some scientists saying that Robos are notoriously untameable. There's no harm trying, nevertheless, I'll certainly continue trying. All hamsters really have their own personalities and it is possible that ours may take to us.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote