View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 03:06 AM  
Sancerree
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My new Robo - whats going on?Is this normal? Help for new owner please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
It looks really nice! I am sure she will be very happy in there. She has plenty of hidey places - the shelf, the bendy bridge, the coconut and the house, and plenty of substrate. It is probably mostly not being quite settled in yet. However it may still feel a bit exposed from above possible. I got a large cork log tunnel for our robos cage - something like that would give kind of overhead cover as it's tall and nice long tunnel to run through and something to climb over. He really liked it and used to scratch bits off the inside (either for his nest or to sharpen his claws, not sure which).

The only other thing I would mention is to be careful with the ladder to the shelf. There is a gap where it connects to the shelf and dwarf hammies can sometimes get a foot trapped. You might be able to find a way round that, to get rid of the little gap.

If not - and you fancy the idea of the large cork log - I had mine part under a shelf so it made a ramp up to it instead of a ladder. So it was mainly across the middle of the cage, but one end was wedged just under the shelf instead of a ladder.

It's this one. It shows a guinea pig on it! Because they are quite high - but it doesnt matter

https://www.rodipet.co.uk/accessorie...-diameter.html
Thank you for the recommendation! I will look for something of this kind and perhaps change things around in some time, to not freak her out more. But it does sound good.
Sancerree is offline   Reply With Quote