View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 02:49 PM  
Bella1827
Newborn Pup

Default Is my hamster cage okay?

So I recently changed my hamsters cage for many different reasons, he previously was housed in a medium living world eco habitat but I downsized him to a diy bin cage which measures 70 by 44cm so it is above the minimum cage size. I just can’t get use to the change in size and I’m wondering if it’s almost too small? And I seriously can’t stop thinking about it, I feel like a bad hamster owner. One of the reasons for this new cage was due to his age, he’s hardly ever awake anymore and barely uses his wheel or plays around and my parents were getting quite annoyed by having this large cage in the way when he doesn’t even use it. I was thinking of adding another level to his cage since we bought it in a pack of three, but it depends if my parents agree to it. I just want your opinions on if you think my cage is suitable for a dwarf hamster because I’m constantly worried that it’s not and he needs more space even though he spends 70% of the day sleeping. I also have no idea if I’m getting another hamster after this one so another question would be is it suitable for a younger hamster or should I not get another after this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (3.43 MB, 83 views)
Bella1827 is offline   Reply With Quote