View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 12:19 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: My Strange Roborovski

I have a Syrian since March so am not an experienced hamster keeper.

You could try and add different textures to her cage like a terracotta plant saucer and a large, flat pebble stone to sit on. Maybe try a different substrate in a small section of the cage in case she doesn't like the current one.

I wouldn't worry about the cheese. She seems to strongly dislike the smell so don't offer it to her. I'd run a mile if someone would put herring under my nose because i can't stand the smell of fish!

I can only go by my own hamster but hamsters can be as moody as people. One evening my hamster sits on my shoulder having a little wash then runs off to explore and another evening he sits and sulks until i put him back in his home. It doesn't take much to put them off either and sometimes i don't have a clue why he behaves a certain way.

Hamsters are strong willed and do their own thing, not necessarily what you want them to do. As long as she's healthy i wouldn't worry. I also tried to figure out hamster behaviour but eventually concluded that i have to accept my lovely, grumpy and very independent hamster for who he is and enjoy his mostly elusive company.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote