Thread: Meet Ragna
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 05:45 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Meet Ragna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I think the natural hamster instincts will take over once Ragna realizes that nothing bad is going to happen to him now and he will make a nest in his house or somewhere above ground. Until now he never had a chance to be a proper hamster and doesn't really know the joys of hamster life. Must be like a whole new world to him, his age is a bit of a guess and you don't know his personality yet. So so much to learn yet for Ragna and you. You saved that little fella.

We all have slightly different opinions about feeding, treats etc. I guess that i'm a bit too relaxed and throw leftover food out then replace with fresh hamster mix daily. Henry prefers fresh food so gets a bit of veg daily which he always eats. Yes, i spoil him, he eats what he likes and i'm not fussed if he doesn't eat all his mix. I also don't feel that i disturb him when i open the small section of his roof. I don't wake him on purpose but usually a nose appears looking for a leaf.
I was thinking of his life before so got him. The same lot of hamsters were in that area when a I joined the forum about a month ago. Judging by his size he must be over 6 months and must have been at the petshop for at least 3 months. Imagine living in that bright area with lots of other hamsters and shavings not think enough to cover your head. It must have been hell. You’re right in saying that he must be enjoying living out his instincts.

I had a very serious convo with Ragna addressing the lid of his house...no idea if he is even in that area😂😂😂😂. I told him that if he behaved bravely and lived in his house and used his toilet I would buy him a detolf cage😂😂😂😂.
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote