View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 03:29 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Harry Hamster or Bunny HamsterDream Basic?

Having been able to do further research on the brand, I can say with certainty that my recommendation would lean towards Rodipet's food as well. It may be initially low in protein but that is not hard to boost if you're just using the regular Syrian food.

However, the Rodipet Teddy Hamster food(junior, not senior) is surprisingly high in protein at a wonderful 17.6%. They also don't have pellets or synthetic vitamins or added minerals(they do know the naturally occurring amounts though which is important) which is definitely an advantage.

Interestingly enough having dealt with Rodipet customer service just a tiny bit out of curiosity, their pet food products are EU sourced and not treated with irradiation(not necessarily true of many other products they offer though). If I had the option to use Rodipet's foods in the US I would, but sadly the dream is just not meant to be unless I somehow figured out a crazy solution that would probably never work anyways(but if anyone has brilliant ideas to solve this problem, I'm sure US hamster owners would appreciate it).

Harry Hamster is definitely not a food I'd ever recommend though, as it does have hidden artificial dyes and is loaded with pellets.

As far as Rodipet including soya goes, for me it's not too concerning being organic(no worries on GMOs like pretty much any other soya containing diet). I would prefer no soya for nutritional reasons however it feels like a matter of picking which battle to fight, and in this case a biologically appropriate truly enriching organic diet wins. It is worth mentioning that the Teddy Hamster version does have higher soya content though!
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote