View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 03:47 PM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: London breeders & and travelling with baby hamster

Tuftyfluffs no longer breed Winter Whites I’m afraid but I think she might have some Campbells available if you’ve not already got your heart set on a Winter White. The best way of getting in touch with her is via her Facebook group as I know her website has not been updated for quite some time. You can find her group here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/661280893968939/

There aren’t any Winter White breeders in London or Kent at the moment but The Southern Hamster Club will be holding a show in Bracknell on 14th September where you could arrange to pick up a hamster from a club breeder. I don’t know if the breeder in Gloucester will be there but other Winter White breeders usually attend the show.

If you do decide to get your hamster from the breeder in Gloucester then don’t worry too much about the journey. Most breeder hamsters seem to cope well with the journey and many just go to sleep... I took a group of five 8 week old Chinese on a 7 hour journey to Sheffield from Bath last year and they were fine and Juno, who was one of my previous hamsters travelled all the way over from Denmark. The thing to remember is to bring a suitable carrier that isn’t too big, some cucumber chunks for moisture and not to leave them unattended in your car, particularly if it’s sunny or warm.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote