View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 08:01 AM  
Coco61
GrannyHam

Default Re: London breeders & and travelling with baby hamster

You must mean Tuftyfluffs in Borehamwood. My current boy Syrian came from her. She certainly bred winter whites for a while but I am uncertain if she is still doing so.
I don't think Kent has a breeder. The list of breeders can be found on the National Hamster Club's website or the Southern HC.
If you want to reserve and collect from a breeder, that is not a problem for travel. Taking a hamster to and from a hamster show often involves lengthy travel. Just have a good travel carrier with substrate deep enough to bury in and have a chunk of cucumber in there instead of water. Chances are the baby will dig in and settle down and sleep most of the time. If the cage is all set up at home, then when you transfer the little one, just sprinkle the substrate from the carrier around the house area where you expect the nest to be made. Also tear up some pieces of plain white toilet tissue that you have worn for a couple of hours next to your skin and let that be gathered up by the baby to make a nest with. And it will have your scent on it for familiarisation.
Sorry if all this is known to to you already.

Last edited by Coco61; 07-13-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Coco61 is offline   Reply With Quote