View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 01:24 PM  
stan
Hamster Pup

Default Little Friends Langham Two Tier Rat and Hamster Cage

The Little Friends Langham is the taller version of the Little Friends Grovesnor, reviewed here: Review: Little Friends Grosvenor Rat and Hamster Cage

It is 77cm length, 47cm width, 57cm height. It comes with two wooden platforms, and two ladders. It also comes with a house, wheel, and bowl, but they were not so useful so I threw them out straight away. It was around £56

Pros
  • Decent sized cage, especially given the height and two platforms. I managed to fit a large wheel in up on one platform, as well as lots of toys, and a sand-bath and further toys on the second level.
  • It's a sturdy cage, and well built.
  • Flatpacks, so great to store, or travel with.
  • The base is reasonably deep, and I managed to get about 14cm of substrate in. Obvoiusly more would be better, but for a plastic base cage it's quite good.
  • The top access door is great for getting in to spot clean, and really easy to safely get hammy out.
  • My hamster seems really happy in the cage. He loves exploring around, doesn't bar chew or show any other kind of stress behaviour.

Cons
  • Whilst you can fit a lot of things in, I find myself wanting a little bit more floor space for my hamster to run around.
  • It is a pretty tall cage. I am lucky that I have a hamster who doesn't dive off tall platforms. To make it safer I have added a hammock, and also altered where the ladder sits on one side so that it is flush with the cage. I have also added some hanging toys on the other open side so my hamster can't climb up the bars. He's not too much of a climber there days, but did climb a bit more when he was a baby, and would get a bit scared. I don't think it would be very good for a dwarf hamster.
  • If you like side access, the small door is not so easy to get around the cage (though as mentioned, the top opening is huge and great).

Overall I have been very happy with the cage, and I think my hamster would be happy in there for a while longer. I am currently upgrading to a 120 x 60 cage though just to give some added space to create a more varied environment for him.

This is the cage
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 19.19.08.jpg

This is my set up
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.12.30.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.12.48.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.13.01.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.13.14.jpg
stan is offline   Reply With Quote