Thread: Meet Ragna
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 11:33 PM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Meet Ragna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
What do you mean by "you looked over his cage"? Did you put your hands in while Ragna was awake? He needs to learn first that he can feel safe in his new home first so i wouldn't do anything too intrusive at this very early stage. You could add some paper with your scent on for now.
I didn’t open the cage or anything...the cage is on an average height table and peered to see him through the mesh. From what I can tell, Ragna has made a tunnel from the bottom of the cage where the pot plant holder barrier is up through the deepest part of the substrate to his house which I think is great - he is using his sixth sense as a hamster but how am I going to clean anything? I carefully lifted the lid of his box house this morning and I can see through the paper that he has a hole linking to his house so he must be using it as a thorough fair. He hasn’t used his toilet like he did the first night. I really have no way of spot cleaning at all. The substrate I’m using needs to be ordered and will take an average of a week to 10 days to arrive. Will I still be able to do big cleans every couple months or so? The pee is what is concerning me. Any advice on that anyone?
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote