View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:09 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Dusty Argos play sand?

To be honest I am not keen on sand full stop! I find it can all be a bit dusty. For a Syrian hamster it isn't really necessary - they generally arent bothered about sand baths - I use it just in a litter tray. Dwarf hamsters do like to have a sand bath and generally that's a good idea and can double up as a toilet.

I wouldn't worry about the tiny friends sand. I've just switched back to it. I stopped using it when it it changed and looked coarser and darker (although it didn't seem to bother our hamsters) - and bought some Rodipet sand - which also has a cloud of dust rising when you pour it out!

So I've gone back to the tiny friends sand - which at least isn't dusty!

There are some people who say no sand is safe and certain silicate types aren't safe - I have never had a problem as long as it isn't dusty.

So I'd just go back to the Tiny Friends one It doesn't matter which sand I use in the litter tray, our syrian removes it all again! He doesn't like any sand, but it's needed in the litter tray!

I am no expert on the different types of sand, but what I do know is dust is bad for their sensitive respiratory system - the tiny friends one isn't dusty so I'd stick with that.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote