View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 04:48 AM  
LilacTofu
Newborn Pup

Default Ikea detolf for a syrian?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this thread. Feel free to move it, mods.

My boy Nibs has been keeping me awake all night by chewing the bars of his cage to the point that he's now temporarily in a bucket because I was worried about him damaging his teeth and also because it was annoying. He lives (or lived) in the Savic Hamster Heaven after having been housed in an (yikes!) old Crittertrail as I waited for the Savic cage to arrive. Basically, he's moved habitats a lot, hah.

He's got a lot of energy and I don't think the Savic cage is enough for him. My bedroom is pretty much hamster-proofed so he's used to free roaming for several hours every night and he just does zoomies all over the room the entire time with no sign of slowing down whatsoever, but my schedule is a bit sporadic so I can't always have him out for that long and on those nights, he obsessively chews the bars and no matter how much I add to the cage, he continues to do it unless he's free roamed for a few hours beforehand.

So I was wondering if an ikea detolf setup would be good for a syrian? Do any of you have any experience with detolfs for syrians? I see people mostly using them for dwarf hams, but it really seems like a good, inexpensive option considering my situation.

Last edited by LilacTofu; 07-10-2019 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typos! typos everywhere!
LilacTofu is offline   Reply With Quote