View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 07:03 PM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Ragna’s cage set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzie View Post
Thanks so much...guess what? The logs are all from Malaysia...how cool is that! I also ordered online and sat and went over things carefully because I know how long online ordering takes. I literally drew my cage and what I wanted and used a ratio of 10/1. I waited for three weeks for my stuff...it nearly did me in!

Keep being amazing to Louise. Keep trying to find ways to make her cage amazing. Bedding...what about ordering bedding every 3 months..is that possible? You can then choose Fitch, megazorb or Kaytee cozy and clean - whichever is cheaper.
I'm just doing the bare minimum for my little one, nowhere near as amazing as your set up! From Malaysia? Wow! How do you ensure those logs are safe, etc? I'm sure yours are, but I'd be paranoid that the logs I order won't end up being safe. Any specific link as to where you ordered them from? I'd love to check that out.

Yes, three weeks sounds about right for international shipping. I've ordered some sand and a cooling house for her from a different state... It would be cheaper to order in from a different country actually, but that'll take too long as I really can't wait to give Louise some sand to play around in, and I think she would really appreciate a cooling house as another option for her to cool off in, even though she already has her ceramic cup. I'd be satisfied with that for now and I can slowly order her other toys and stuff internationally. She was sooo adorable, actually asking my husband to pet her head this morning. She snuggled up in a toilet roll after he left, and she looks just like a hamster burrito.

I think you can leave tissue around outside if you want - I left all my tissue outside and she took some into her house. I peeked and found some scrunched balls of tissue inside.

Totally can't wait for Ragna to properly settle down, and for photos of him enjoying his amazing new world. This is so exciting!
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote