View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 05:22 AM  
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters

Default Re: Ragna’s cage set up

woohoo exciting, I was sat here just literally wondering how you were getting on and hoping you would post pics.
Looks awesome.
Is the sand bath in the terracotta thing on the left? (yes it is you posted more photos since i wrote this)
Just three things I would keep an eye on

1.)is the plate thing on top of the terracotta pot part of it or just balanced? If balanced just make sure it is not going to fall off or get knocked. (I may be over cautious but i do worry about these things!) But i do love how you added the natural things in that plate. You are making me rethink my cage.

2.) When you turn bendy bridges on their side like that, make sure there are no big gaps for hamsters to potentially get their feet trapped/stuck in. I had a quick look but the wood pieces looked like they were close together on yours, sometimes they have gaps.

3.) just watch if your hammy chews on those zip ties. you may need to tie with something like sissal or jute.

Other than that, just go get your hammy already and then sit back and watch him settle in. You may need to move/tweak a few things after observing his habits.

SO EXCITING!!!!!!

Last edited by LunaTheHamster1; 07-09-2019 at 05:26 AM. Reason: sand
LunaTheHamster1 is offline   Reply With Quote