Thread: Newt's thread
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 05:35 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Newt's thread

Newt has seemed a bit bored recently and I've been meaning to add more enrichment to his cage. Since I lowered everything there are not so many hidey places/places to go. Tonight I got round to putting in a fuzzbutts double layer hammock - the same as Nugget's - I am sure he won't chew it, now he's older and not a real chewer, but will keep an eye on it. Hung it low over his house roof so it's very easy to get in and out of, like Nugget's.

I could see he liked it because he sat in it for some time and looked out of one side with an approving look. I'm also going to put some new legs back on his house and raise it a bit as he really hasn't seemed so contented in it with nothing to dig in, plus he is running out of places to hoard! Not too much bedding underneath, but enough he can dig down a little bit to have something to do! As long as everything's at the same level-ish he should be fine.

And have just bought this. Not sure how it will work, but it's a ground level hanging hide and seems it swings a bit, which he might like - and will be cool in summer.

It's going to take about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive though apparently!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote