Thread: DIY Bin Cage
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 06:58 AM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: DIY Bin Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartzie View Post
You made a plan...well done! Is there enough space between the floor and where the grid starts? Will the bedding not fall out? Really good idea to use a kitchen rack. Very neat and well done.
It will currently accommodate about 3 inches of bedding but I will create a small box area soon that's open on the side and fill it up so the substrate there will much higher, up to 6 inches if she wants to burrow there. She doesn't seem to like burrowing as of now though, and she always kicks out all the bedding from her little house.

I can't take any credit for the bin, all I did was purchase the stuff while my father-in-law drew the plans and did all the work. I just told him what I needed, stood around and passed him some of the tools. He's really sweet.

Louise is still hiding in her cage now but that's okay. Maybe she will come out at about 1 or 2 am to explore the bigger bin, I've noticed she begins to get active and plays with her wheel and slide a lot then. I certainly don't mind falling asleep to the sound of her wheel (minimal), in fact, it's reassuring and I love listening to it because she sounds like she's happy.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote