Thread: DIY Bin Cage
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 09:58 PM  
10Minutes
Hamster Pup

Default Re: DIY Bin Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
Pebbles are fine, i was paranoid when i gave some to Luna, i scrubbed them in washing up liquid, boiled them (they can explode depending on what they are made of! - mine didn't) and scrubbed them in vinegar. Just to make sure no nasties were living inside them. This was probably way over the top, but I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I had done something that hurt Luna. They are more for wearing her nails down though rather than her teeth. She only bit them once when i first put them into her cage, she was very suspicious of them and was trying to work out what the heck they were!
No, that's not over the top to me! I'll definitely do all that too because I am a crazy paranoid hamster-mum now ever since the other one died without any known cause. My husband thinks I've gone mad, but I'm really grateful that he is supportive and helpful in working with me to create a conducive environment for our hamster. Really glad to hear that and I will proceed to do all the disinfecting and give her a nice big pebble she can gnaw on (hopefully she does, for her teeth). I've noticed she's not much of a bar bitter.
10Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote