View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 05:14 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Playpen and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
I have my playpen because in the winter I can't use the conservatory (too cold) and it is the only room that is 100% hamster proof.

Also, because of the chronic illness I have I could not be chasing after Luna in a big area. My solution after many try's ( i will link below to my playlist on run ideas on YouTube)was a big plastic storage box on wheels, so it can be easily moved around and it lives at the end of my bed. This is also where i can put Luna and her house when I am cleaning her cage out, and she can just go back to sleep. She doesn't wake up till late so I can't be cleaning her out late at night.

You could also section off an area with some cardboard or something else, that you can just slide away. I can do this in my bedroom, but she eventually chews the cardboard and I have to replace it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...nMw9Ro6wJO-zmU

It's basically just an area that you can set up a few different toys etc and let your hamster run around in a safe and secure place - especially if you can't make your whole room safe and secure.
I’m loving the idea of using a plastic container on wheels...that might work. I would check space. How big is the container? Thanks for the link..will watch them for ideas.

Like Serendipity said..it’s not a must but nice to have...will see if I can make it work.
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote