View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 11:51 PM  
Merle
Newborn Pup

Default Re: How to enrich the cage of a hamster who hates my guts..?

My current hamster isn't allergic to the substrate but I am It really doesn't bother me from day to day but when I'm changing out his bedding, well. It gets interesting! So that's one of the reasons I'd like to switch it up once in a while.

Whisky is a long haired male syrian but so far we only had two substrate incidents where we had to cut his skirt a little

I don't know why, but the next Fressnapf is very far away and I've never seen a Zooplus in my life here in Germany! Maybe I'll look into it!

As for enrichment, I'm kind of really fed up by my current cage with the diagonal side walls because I can't really fit a bigger house and the 13 inch wheel and the toys I want in there!
So I have two weeks off of work now and I'm doing a DIY cage! I'm planning on a cage that's 115cm by 60cm which gives me 6.900 square centimetres to work with!
Whiskey seems to be quite the runner instead of a digger so I'm happy to provide him with more floor space for running naturally without his wheel. And then I can fit a big house with a litter tray finally!
Merle is offline   Reply With Quote