View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 05:06 PM  
ilovetofi
Newborn Pup

Unhappy I think my hamster hates me

HELLO

so around 3 weeks ago i got a winter white dwarf hamster.
I visited her a couple days before i got her and totally fell in love.
before i got her, she lived with her sister in a pretty decent sized tank- not sure how big tho.
She was around 9 weeks old and quite tiny, but i knew that she was the one for me.

Now, i have started to create a bond with my little friend, (her name is tofi, by the way) but im still quite unsure.
Tofi will definitely eat from my hands, will sniff around them and doesnt mind if i pet her, but every time she sees a finger in her cage, she will start sniffing like crazy to check if i have food. If i dont, she’ll bite the heck out of my fingers. Its gotten to the point where my ring finger even drew blood when i simply wanted to let her get used to my smell a little more. I am now a little scared when she follows my hands around looking for treat while i try to spot- clean her cage.. I know that she has no bad intentions, in no way has she ever gotten agressive with me or bitten me out of fear- at least i really don’t think so!

I was worried that i might not be feeding her enough, even if her food bowl is always packed and never empty. pretty sure she is a picky eater too.
Tofi likes to exercise and gets hyper when i interact with her (which is probably a ]good thing?) But i am still very jealous when i see other people having such good relationships with their Hamsters and also when they talk about never having been bitten by their little furry friend. I am a first time Hamster owner, and im not that young and definitely did my research before getting Tofi. I love her so so much and shes really the cutest Hamster you’d ever see, but sometimes i just think to myself, maybe Tofi just really cant stand me ..

I am also not able to pick up Tofi in any way because she will just go to the tip of my fingers and look for food- and if she doesn’t find any, shell just bite me again! This has also stopped me from letting her free roam in a room i have set up just for her. I do wash my hands every time before i play with her or even clean her cage, but its really not making much difference for me.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!
ilovetofi is offline   Reply With Quote