View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 08:32 PM  
Malou123456789
Newborn Pup

Default Why Did My Hamster Die?

Hi, this is my first post on Hamster Central, and it’s a little bit of a downer. My Russian dwarf hamster, Destiny recently passed away just last Memorial Day. She was only about six months old and she had proper care. I miss her very much, and I am well aware that she won’t be coming back, but I am still curious about her sudden death. Here is how the day of her death went:

First I heard her running on her wheel, then drinking water and stuffing her cheeks with her food; KAYTEE Forti-Diet, Pro Health for Hamsters and Gerbils. The usual.

But I also noticed that she would move then pause and slowly fall, and the start going again as if nothing had happened. It didn’t worry me too much at the time, so I visited an amusement park with my family to celebrate my early birthday.

We weren’t gone too long, maybe about a few hours. But when we arrived home, she.... she was dead. There were no marks on her, no blood. Looking at pictures, I did notice that her color was darker. I checked her water and food. They both were about as full as they’d normally be. Her cage wasn’t cleaned too long ago.

I really don’t have a clue why she passed so early. If you have any information about why this happened, please share. Thanks so much.

-Allison
Malou123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote