Thread: Road to Ragna
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 12:42 PM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Road to Ragna

Two weeks ago or so I found an advert on a website that posts pets looking for homes in Saudi. I messaged the person and only got a response now. He has a mother and 3 babies. Two female and one male. He says the babies are about 3 months old. He sent me pictures of the hamsters and the pictures left me cold. They are all in a small cage with no bedding and nothing accept food and droppings on the floor. There is a water feeder. They are Syrians and look golden.

None of my orders have arrived. I am sitting with an empty cage and my DIY house I made out of a shoebox. Do I go to the pet shop and buy shavings that could not be aspen and buy the local brand food here and use that till my orders arrive in the next two weeks or do I wait until all my things come and go to a pet shop for a hamster. I could also wait and then message this person again when my cage is set up and maybe he will still have the hamster but the thought of my hamster - if I had to choose it - being stuck there until then would haunt me.

Is this Ragna waiting to be saved or should I wait to find my Ragna the pet shop? I have no idea what health condition they are in and if I took this hamster I would take my driver and husband with me and meet in a public place and there would be no time really to umm and aww...no time to look at the hamster. It would be an exchange by the side of a vehicle - no coffee and chat in the comfort of their home peering into a detolf sized cage at happy, healthy hamster babies.

I said I would let this person know tomorrow.
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote