View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 08:14 AM  
Teesoo
Newborn Pup

Unhappy How to cope with loss of a much loved hamster

Hi all. First time post and it’s not a happy one. Our little Russian dwarf Bobbi died a few days ago and I can’t believe how much I’m missing her and the little things she used to do. I have three teenagers and they are coping way better than me. I’m sure in time I’ll feel better and fondly remember her, but right now I’m in bits and it doesn’t take much to set me off crying. We buried her in the garden and planted something there at the weekend.

She was about 20 months old, which I guess is about average lifespan? She seemed fine last week, but when I came home from work on Friday she was lying twitching in the bottom of her cage. I picked her up and held her and she died about half an hour later. I keep beating myself up wondering if there was a sign that she wasn’t well that I missed. The only thing I had noticed was that she bit me quite hard a few times recently. She hadn’t done that since we first got her.

Although she was small, she has left a big hole in my life.

RIP little Bobbi. I’ll miss her.

Sorry for this sad post. I’m hoping someone who’s been through this can offer some advice

Thanks

Trev
Teesoo is offline   Reply With Quote