Thread: Road to Ragna
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 02:35 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Road to Ragna

Aaaw, what a lovely threat. Thank you Schwartzie.

I am also looking forward to meet Ragna and to get to know him. What is he going to look like? What kind of personality will he have? Which of his 51 items will he choose and which ones will he ignore? Is he going to be social and like humans or will he be a loner and just about tolerate humans? He may be shy and timid always hiding or sitting by the gate waiting to come out. The journey has started but there is so much more to come.

I'm 61 but feel like a child sometimes. Excited by little things like my hamster poking his nose out or watching him washing himself with his tiny paws is just so cute and entertaining.

Then there is his home which i'm trying to tailor to his needs, activities and habits. It takes time to set up a hamster home because we have to get to know the hamster first and observe him for a while to find out what he does and likes.

Henry doesn't burrow or climb the bars but seeks out an obstacle course to get about in his cage. He could easily step off his house and walk straight to his other nest but often climbs over his water bowl first steps onto logs squeezes under the wheel and over a pot to get to it. He likes to be above ground and sits in his hay basket or shelves to ponder or snooze.

Today i made him a path to walk right across his cage but above ground. It leads from a shelf through a tunnel to a ladder. At the other end he can either go onto the roof of his house or another shelf.
I'll add a photo. On the other photo i had taken one half of the roof off to ask him if he wanted a freshly cooked strand of spaghetti. He got out of his bed for it and ate it then went back so i put the roof back on.

I am so curious to see what your hamster will be like and i'm also looking forward to lots of photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190627_165405.jpg (2.83 MB, 16 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote