View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 10:59 PM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Oily looking fur

I went to 5 petshops last night...I’m so slow on the uptake...going at 9pm and I will go after 10pm when going to pick my hamster is so the way to go. They were all so busy and active which makes sense...it’s night time! I was on the hunt for a big enough wheel to use while waiting for mine to arrive via online. It could only arrive end of July...the agony! Anyways, there were only two petshops that had hamsters. The one had hamsters in mass with stunning colors etc. the other had only two - the one looked sick and the other looked like it had been in a fight but was healthy looking and active. It sat in my hand so calmly and even stood on its hind legs to say hi. Shame, it’s ears were full of bites. It broke my heart! It was cream and white. The other hamsters in mass were stunning - black, grey, brown, cream, white - all the colours and patterns under the sun. The only thing that worried me was that some of the hamsters with slightly longer fur seemed to look a little greasy on the edges. What does this mean? There was one wire wheel for 30 hamsters and the food they are being fed isn’t nutritionally adequate for them - Vitakraft menu - full of corn filler with low protein. If a I chose a hamster from the hamsters in mass would my hamsters coat come right?
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote