View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 12:37 PM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: should i change from syrians????

I have a group of four Campbells living together at the moment and whilst they now get on very well, they were originally part of a group of six when they came to me. Cyclone, the smallest of the group was being bullied and was noticeably smaller than the rest. I separated him not long after he arrived home with me because of this and even now he's still recovering from it. The other one I separated from the group was Ty who was the most dominant over the group, however you wouldn't know this straightaway and would only pick it up if you were watching him and his behaviour with the rest of the group closely. It's not always a case of there being obvious signs that all is not well in a group and they can be snuggled up one minute and fighting the next so it's not something that is easily done or without its stresses.

In terms of keeping groups or pairs though though, they can often fall out if they have too much space but yet you'd need a certain amount of space to accommodate the larger nest boxes and the like so it can be a pretty tough balance.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote