View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 07:23 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: House pictures please

Henry Hamster has two toilets and both are Rodipet ceramic ones. After lots of peeing arrangements trial and errors i concluded that he wanted a ceramic en suite toilet and the only one that fits into the Ferplast guinea pig house is the Rodipet S size for dwarves. I put substrate in not litter or sand and he's happy now and uses it which makes spot cleaning easy. He has the Rodipet M size for Syrians in a cage corner which he uses when out of his house, filled with substrate. He has a baking tin full of sand outside his house and digs in it but never pees in the sand, he uses the toilets for that. He doesn't roll around the sand but rubs his back in it sometimes.
Thing is, like humans every hamster has his or her own personality and until you actually have a resident hamster you won't know their likes and dislikes. Hamsters are strong willed little animals who very much have their own minds and don't always agree to what us humans think they ought to like or need.
You'll find out soon. This forum really helps to talk all things hamster while you wait for things to arrive. I am currently 500 miles away from my own hamster and really miss him but at least i can still talk about him here. People who don't know me well give me funny looks when i chat about Henry like he's a person and then find out that he's a hamster!

Last edited by Ria P; 06-21-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: writing mistake
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote