View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:05 PM  
juneandmary
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Bad experience with a veterinarian -- need advice

Hi there,

How is Crowley doing after a few days on the medication?

Sorry you had a bad experience at the vet. Hamsters can get respiratory infections for many reasons, so if yours wasn't contagious then he could have gotten it for a number of other reasons(and I have heard many times that humans can't pass colds on to hamsters anyways, though I might be wrong), so don't be hard on yourself. I adopted a hamster who was already sick with a similar infection, and I took her to the vet multiple times but Enrofloxacin ended up working out for her really well. It took a few rounds due to her bad immune system and being sick for so long before I adopted her, but since your hammy is so young he should be fine after you give him the current dosage.

I would guess that his shaking his related to his respiratory issues (or "hamster cold"), although since I haven't seen it myself it is hard to say.

As for a hamster not eating for a few days, maybe this is because he already has a stash hidden away so it appears he isn't eating? Hamsters eat every day as far as I know.

Hope this helps and that your little guy is feeling better!
juneandmary is offline   Reply With Quote